Wangat Lodge – group retreat venue, Hunter Valley
This is the place for you and your friends to get away together. With the Chichester River on your doorstep, a main hall with fully equipped kitchen, forest amphitheatre, fire pit/BBQ area and group accommodation for up to 58 people, Wangat Lodge is perfect for a family celebration, retreat workshop, wedding or social interest group gathering.
For a more private retreat for couples or small groups we have two self-contained Cottages. These are available separately or can be booked with the Lodge group accommodation.
Wangat Lodge is a registered wildlife refuge and also an award winning nature education centre. Our Lightfoot School Camps are a great way for students to experience nature in a social and educational setting.
Located on the Northern edge of the Hunter Valley adjoining the World Heritage listed Barrington Tops wilderness area Wangat Lodge is a convenient hour and a quarter drive from Newcastle or three hours from North Sydney.
- Celebrate as a group – up to 58
- Entertain up to 80 in the Main Hall
- Cook up a storm or call the caterers
- Fully equipped kitchen
- forest amphitheatre for a ceremony or sit around the fire pit and BBQ
- Getaway with nature at your doorstep
- Couples or small groups
- Sleep-over for local events
- Relax, go bushwalking or take a swim in the river