Wangat Lodge – group retreat venue, Hunter Valley
This is the place for you and your friends to get away together. With the Chichester River on your doorstep, a main hall with fully equipped kitchen, forest amphitheatre, fire pit/BBQ area and group accommodation for up to 58 people, Wangat Lodge is perfect for a family celebration, retreat workshop, wedding or social interest group gathering.
For a more private retreat for couples or small groups we have two self-contained Cottages. These are available separately or can be booked with the Lodge group accommodation.
Wangat Lodge is a registered Wildlife Refuge and also an award-winning environmental education centre. Our LightFoot School Camps are a great way for students to experience nature in an inspiring setting.
Located on the northern edge of the Hunter Valley adjoining the Barrington Tops Gondwana Rainforest World Heritage Area, Wangat Lodge is a convenient hour and a quarter drive from Newcastle or three hours from North Sydney.
- Get a group together – to 10 families or 58 people
- Entertain up to 80 in the Main Hall
- Large communal kitchen or call in the caterers
- Outdoor deck, BBQ area with seating, volleyball court
- forest amphitheatre for nature-surrounded ceremonies
- Getaway with nature at your doorstep
- Simple, inexpensive, peaceful!
- Melia Cottage for couples, Overflow Cottage for families
- Relax, go bushwalking or take a swim in the river
LightFoot School Camps
- Award-winning nature education centre
- Use our program or your own
- Stay for a day or up to 4 nights
- Connect with nature
- Children, rainforest, sustainability!