School Holiday Activity Days + Family Camp
explore, create, go WILD!
Bring your kids to Wangat in the school holidays for wild days of nature-based adventure and fun! With experienced guides kids will explore the beautiful rainforest, rivers and creeks of Wangat and its surrounds and learn about the natural environment and bush crafts. From finding fungi, discovering wildlife and cooking damper on the fire to navigating a treasure hunt, building a forest adventure playground and more… kids are never bored at Wangat!
Participants can come just for the day or stay at Wangat with their family and friends in our affordable accommodation. The lodge rooms can be booked ‘hostel-style’ during the holiday camp with families allocated private rooms, or stay in one of our self-contained bush cottages (availability permitting). A great idea for an affordable, fun family getaway!
Winter Holiday Camp
Our Winter camp runs from July 8th–12th with activities facilitated on the 9th, 10th and 11th. Lodge accommodation available July 8th-12th.
Activity days for children aged 7+ run from 9.00am - 3.30pm. Parental attendance not required but always welcome. Older kids are invited to take on a ‘mentor’ role working with our guides to support younger adventurers.
For the first time we will run a new, daily program specially designed for under 7’s running daily from 9.30am–1.00pm. Parent attendance is required.
We will also be lucky to have massage therapist Rikki Anne on site. Rikki practises Kahuna massage, also known as Hawaiian Massage or Lomi Lomi… ‘a gift to us from the ancients of Polynesia, whose shamans would use similar techniques to move energy through the body in a healing way. Nurturing, yet deep, Kahuna massage changes depending on the patient's needs and can be modified for any body. Your Kahuna massage will leave you feeling balance and nurtured, inside and out! Many clients say it is their preferred style of massage for these and many other benefits!’
– Age 7+ – $85* per child / per day (for 1st day booked, $75* for 2nd day booked, $65* for 3rd day booked). Discounted price of $65* per day for local kids (postcodes within the Dungog Shire).
– Under 7’s – $35* per child / per day.
* Lunch and healthy snacks included for all activity programs.
– 1hr massage, $100–$75. Massage can be booked with Rikki Anne on arrival.
Transport from Dungog available - please contact us for info.
LIMITED SPACES so book early! Please contact us for bookings or queries.
Self-catered lodge accommodation offered at $40 per adult, $25 per child/night with shared use of lodge facilities - showers, communal hall, large kitchen etc, fire pit, BBQ, volleyball court etc... Alternatively you may wish to book one of our 2 self-contained cottages (availability permitting).
Extra discount applied to stays of at least 2 nights + 2 activity days. Please contact us for package prices.
Payment and Deposit
– All bookings subject to a 25% non-refundable deposit.
– Payment of deposit required to secure booking.
– On cancellation, 50% of deposits transferable to another booking made within 1 year of program.
All our programs are…
– Fully risk-assessed
– Facilitated by professional, experienced and specialist guides who are trained in First Aid and have current WWCC
– Operated with a small student to guide ratio integral to a more focused and rewarding experience