Facilities for Guests
The Lodge complex comprises:
- ten hostel-style rooms (four 6-bed; five 4-bed; one 2-bed)
- shared bathrooms (one with disabled access)
- spacious Main Hall with dining, lounge, recreational facilities
- fully equipped commercial-sized kitchen with large fridge, freezer, huge stove, microwave, toasters. All crockery and cutlery provided.
- outdoor barbecue area with firewood
- volleyball court, table tennis
- forest amphitheatre for meetings, recitals etc.
- horse-riding and tennis are available at extra cost nearby
Adjacent to the Lodge are two self-contained cottages. These can be booked with the Lodge (taking the accommodation to 58 persons), or separately.
What you need to bring
For the Lodge, Melia and Overflow guests are asked to bring their own sheets (or sleeping bags), pillowcases and towels. Pillows, blankets and doonas are provided. To keep garbage to a minimum, guests are requested to bring fresh food or food/beverages in recyclable or re-useable containers.
As Wangat is a Wildlife Refuge, domestic pets are not permitted.